after much thought, i have to agree with her. my thoughts and values that she is able to see or has seen, are very western. i thought much about why this bothered me, but at the end of it all, it comes down to my desire of wanting to be understood-to belong or be identified with something. the same reality holds when i'm in the states. i neither can identify completely with my "white" world, nor can i identify completely with my "yellow" community in monterey park. i am glad that i belong in the kingdom, and that that is my most important identity. i belong well!
also, why do people think asians are yellow. i am not yellow. i am tanned. i prefer to be compared to a.....hmmm....a cream puff! at least that is more of the tone of my skin color. there's this cream puff stand in the middle of the shopping center that always smells soooooo good. i am tempted to buy one, just because it smells so good. unfortunately, i am not a big fan of cream puffs.
4 comments:
mmmm.... I love cream puffs. I've never seen an entire stand dedicated to cream puffs, wow.
I like this post.
Loi, you are beautiful inside and out.
Mmmmmmmmm cream puffs..u should try one..they are yummy!
I am so glad that our Father does not look at the color of our skin, but rather at our hearts!
Love ya Loi Vuong!!!
I love cream puffs also! And, I know just how you are feeling...the best belonging is to the Lord! I guess that maybe it is best not to "really belong" down here on earth--we'd get too attached! Just think of how wonderful heaven will be!
Post a Comment