my recent dictation exam. according to california profiency standards, i would be advanced. woohoo! as much as i dreaded being back in school, i am still able to stay a little motivated. :)
school is very different here. its funny. sometimes i sit in class and just cringe...its the teacher in me. motivation is different...all the "no no's" that i am used to, being an educator at home goes out the window. teachers try to motivate students by embarrassing them...having students they know REALLY dont know the answers come to the board or read out loud. its almost a guarantee, that if anyone walks into class late, the teacher will call on that person for the next question. it might just be my teacher. but gosh! maybe that's why i'm doing well in the class. its also all about rote memory. i'm coming up with my own mneumonics and kinesthetic ways to learn the 20 or so new words each day!
3 comments:
Good job! This is not the Loi I knew in college ;)
Way to go, Loi! Keep up the good work! I'm convinced that the american education system is the only one of its kind; it is uniquely different from the rest of the world...
All I have to say is "LOI VUONG IS BABY....KELLY IS A BABY..." Thats what you need to think of when you are in class. Great job on the 100%!!! I bet they don't have lunch tables to sit and skip class!
Post a Comment