last week was a tough week. i was homesick, work was rough, relationships were tough, computer issues drove me insane, life overseas was at best bearable. in so many ways, i was losing perspective. i began dreaming of home and the anticipation of coming home this summer kept me going. the count down began. 100 days! 99 days! 98 days! etc.
as i have prayed through this period, God has met me. a message that came up over and over last week was, "come. come to me..." so this week, in my weak attempts to "come", He has comforted, loved, and guided me.
i realized too, that the countdown was making things worst for me because i began to live in the future and not the present. the thought of going home began to make me ignore the importance of each day here and how God can use me now. so, i am letting that go. of course, this doesnt mean that i dont miss home nor am i pushing aside all feelings, but i have to continue to embrace life here too.
it also seems appropriate to announce here that i will be coming back for another year. i had decided several months ago, but have also wrestled through the process. i am confident that this is His best for me.
all that to say.....I WILL BE HOME THIS SUMMER FOR TWO MONTHS AND CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL!!!
5 comments:
Whoa...I was not expecting that!(Going back) I can't wait to see you this summer!
Hang in there Loi. We love you.
We love you and miss you too! Don't worry about the count down.....we've already started it for you!! God has blessed many people through you and I'm confident that He will continue his work through you, no matter where you are. We love you Loi! Can't wait to "float" with you this summer! ....BTW...how does it feel to be the SAME age as me??? LOL!!!
Jen Sipe :)
Hey you! Although I would LOVE for you to be here with us...I realize that would be incredibly selfish. You have such a kind and giving heart and it would be more selfish to not support you while you share it with others...even if it is all the way across the world. All my love-Sarah
PS...Happy Birthday! How old, I mean young are you now...23????
Hi Loi,
Just wanted to say hi.. it's great reading your updates. Happy belated birthday and take care!
Sandy Wong
Post a Comment